Job Title: Blog and Community Director
Company: The Blonde Abroad, LLC
- Work Location: Remote
- Position Status: Part Time – Full Time (Dependent upon applicants availability)
- Commitment: About 30 Hours Per Week
The Blonde Abroad is seeking a talented Creative Associate to join our team. The Blonde Abroad (TBA) is a travel and lifestyle brand that was started as a blog 7 years ago. With a monthly readership of over 400,000 and a collective audience of over 1,000,000, women from all over the world come to TBA for inspiration.
We pride ourselves on continually exceeding audience expectations, which has been a key driver in the growth of both our business and readership. To continue this momentum, we are looking to add a team member with a passion for all things creative to provide fresh content and ideas as our company grows and we expand into new services and product lines.
- In 2017, we launched TBA Escapes All-Female Travel Tours and have hosted over 120 women around the world, with 4 new destinations launched in 2019.
- In 2018, we launched a brand new website.
- 2019 has even more in store as we launch a series of online courses and our own creative agency, Quest Creative.
With the expansion of the business, our creative needs have significantly increased. However, the core of our business is still focused on sharing compelling and comprehensive blog and social media content.
The Blog and Community Director will assist with filling all of the blog content creation and community management needs within The Blonde Abroad, across the blog and social media platforms. These tasks include photo editing, graphic design, copywriting, WordPress, social media scheduling and assisting with content creation for social media and the blog.
We are looking for someone who is interested in a long-term position and that is excited to grow with our team!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage blog content and editorial schedule
- Assist with the design of assets including Instagram stories and Pinterest graphics
- Manage and schedule all social media platforms, curate new content, and engage with followers
- Work with the TBA team to develop and execute ideas for new content
Day to Day Tasks
- Manage Content Calendar: Manage blog content creation and posting schedule.
- Photo editing: Edit majority of photos for blog posts and social channels including Instagram. Lightroom experience required.
- Photoshop Design: Design Pinterest Graphics and IG Stories. Photoshop experience required. Assist with developing asset marketing and The Blonde Abroad materials.
- Assist with developing concepts and storylines for sponsored content.
- Assist with Instagram accounts – Help plan layout and postings for @TBAescapes, @TBApresets and manage blog post promos on TBA IG stories.
- Creative planning: Come up with new ideas that follow annual and industry trends.
- Copywriting – Work directly with the TBA writing team to outline new content. Assist with drafting blog posts, social posts, and website copy in WordPress.
- Moderate all community comments and messages (Instagram DM’s and Comments, Social Media comments, Blog comments, moderate Blog forum, moderate TBA Travel Tribe Facebook Group)
- Other duties as assigned.
Content creation is at the heart of what The Blonde Abroad does. The Blog and Community Director makes the content creation process easier for the rest of the team by taking on lots of the tasks that slow down the publishing of new content.
Qualifications and Skills
- Attention to detail is critical to the long-term success of The Blonde Abroad and is the most important quality we are looking for with this position. We are looking for someone with patience and a keen eye to detail.
- Advanced experience in image editing and/or Experience in design and graphics
- Experience with Copywriting and Blog Writing
- Experience running a public portfolio, including a website and social media account and/or advanced experience working with Instagram and Instagram Stories.
- Proactive problem solver, able to work independently, recognize potential needs, and act on them before they arise.
- Strong time management skills.
- We are a small team that constantly needs to be moving forward. The ideal candidate will be able to take on projects and responsibilities in a fast-paced, often high-stress environment with little to no direction.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Able to work well under stress autonomously.
- Able to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
Additional Requirements & Details
- This position does not include nor require travel. You should have the ability to work remotely for 30+ hours per week, with access to consistent and reliable WiFi.
Please note the application requires you to submit from your computer and takes between 15-20 minutes to complete.